CHANGE MANAGEMENT FOUNDATION AND PRACTITIONER
Dealing with change and more importantly, the impact of change is a high priority for all organizations.
The APMG-International Change Management™ course is explicitly designed to help managers, change practitioners and employers define and practice change management successfully and to develop change management maturity within their organizations.
This course offers practical tools, techniques and models to support any change initiative.
Our PRINCE2 training in project management event delivers in two main areas:
- Understand the human side of change and know how to help people deal more effectively with change, maintaining their commitment and bringing them successfully through the change process.
- Understand the various types of change that affect organizations, and be able to draw on a range of professional approaches to support the effective delivery of the organization’s desired outcomes from each change initiative.
- Know how to identify and work with the stakeholders in a change initiative, and how to plan, execute and measure the effective communications required to build and maintain their engagement.
- Know how to assess the impacts of change, to develop effective change teams and to recognize and address resistance to change.
- Understand the process of sustaining change and know how to embed a change initiative as the new ‘business as usual’.
- Build the organization’s capability and capacity to deal successfully with change, improving agility whilst following sensible techniques to keep the “change energy” positive and at the right level.
- Increase the probability of successful business change/transformation – supporting strategic direction.
- Minimize risks (costs, delays, loss of employee engagement, reputation) associated with failed initiatives.
- Align change initiatives with established, process-driven methods (like PRINCE2®, P3O® and MSP®) to develop a unified approach to change.
- Develop and sustain employee commitment and alignment with organizational purpose during times of change.
- Build and maintain the engagement of internal and external stakeholders with new initiatives.
- Manage more effective change communications with internal and external constituencies so that change is understood and supported.
- Improve assessment of change impact, integrated change planning and successful embedding of change into the life of the organization.
Approach & Duration
The change management course presents the whole change process, from idea to implementation. Training is delivered by an experienced and accredited trainer in a constructive, interactive and practical workshop style with team exercises, input sessions and discussions.
The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of Change Management to work as a member of a team working on an organisational change initiative. The Foundation certification is also a pre-requisite for the APMG Practitioner certification.
The purpose of the Practitioner certification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient know-how to lead, apply and tailor Change Management guidance in a given organisational change situation.
A successful Practitioner candidate should be able to apply the Change Management approaches and techniques to any change initiative. Their individual Change Management expertise, complexity of the change initiative and the support provided for the use of Change Management approaches in their work environment will all be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve. Successful candidates will have fulfilled the knowledge requirements for Change Management Institute accreditation.
The Change Management Certification is an internationally recognised Professional Qualification.
Training Learning Outcomes
- Understand how individuals are impacted by change and be able to develop strategies to help people through change.
- Develop insights into how organizations work, organizational culture and the models and process of change.
- Understand the drivers of change, the change governance structures typically used in organizations and how to define a change vision.
- Appreciate how to prepare people for change and support their learning and motivation to change
- Learn about the stakeholder engagement process and how to develop suitable communications strategies and plans.
- Appreciate the impact of change on organizations , how to build momentum for change and sustain it.
- Understand the importance of defined change roles, and how to build and support an effective change team.
- Understand the key principles in defining what is to be learned by all involved in a change initiative.
- Appreciate the ‘project’ environment in which change is governed and delivered, and change managed.
- Learn about the organizational ‘levers’, adoption approaches and reinforcing systems typically used to sustain change, so that it becomes embedded in an organization.
Skills Program Name: FOUNDATION & PRACTITIONER COSTS
Manual: R1 265.00
Facilitated Training including pre-event preparation materials and event packs: R12 000.00
Foundation Exam Fee: R1 800.00
Practitioner Exam Fee: R2 500.00
- VAT (14%)
- PDU’s aligned to PMI’s Talent Triangle™Please see Info Sheet for full breakdown.
Terms and Conditions
- You may send a substitute delegate in place. Kindly inform us of the new name for the certificate
- You may transfer once to the same training course on another date, provided you have another course booked and do so in writing at least 5 working days before the start of the training.
- You may cancel your registration, in writing, up to 10 working days before the training takes place, however a 10% cancellation fee will be levied
- Cancellations inside of 10 days will be liable for the full fee.